5 Supplements Kids Need to Grow Strong
Vitamins and minerals are vital to the growth and development of children of all ages. From calcium and Vitamin D to iron and B12, these nutrients help kids get moving in the morning, focus and thrive all day at school, and sleep soundly at night. Not all children need supplements.
Like adults, kids need nutrients – just a little less, and for different reasons. While adults utilize vitamins to maintain good health, children need vitamins to continue to develop. Kids need nutrients to build strong bones, foster brain development, and so much more!
Is Your Child Receiving Enough Daily Vitamins?
Dietary guidelines from the American Academy of Pediatrics and the United States Department of Agriculture state kids should eat a variety of fruits, vegetables, grains, dairy, and protein to achieve adequate nutrition. They tie this balanced diet to improved growth and development for children.
Common foods like breakfast cereal, milk, and orange juice are fortified with important nutrients. However, if your child eats only processed foods, you may be shocked how few healthy ingredients are actually in the food you give them.
Is your kid eating a balanced diet? If not, a vitamin supplement may be a solution.
Under normal circumstances, kids receive most of the nutrients they need in meals at home and at school. But if uncontrollable circumstances don’t allow them to enjoy a balanced diet, vitamins are an effective supplement. Frunutta vitamins are one of those effective supplements, and to ensure that, we have removed all added sugars and other mystery ingredients!
Circumstances That May Require Kids to Supplement Vitamins
If you are unsure if your child needs vitamins, consider asking yourself these questions.
Does Your Child:
- Follow a vegetarian or vegan diet (plant-based diets)?
- Struggle to eat a balanced selection of foods (picky eaters)?
- Suffer from a condition that halts the absorption of nutrients or increases the need for nutrients (cancer, cystic fibrosis, inflammatory bowel disease, etc.)?
- Suffer from food allergies?
- Suffer from a delay in physical and developmental growth?
Do any of these special circumstances fit your child? If so, he/she may be at risk of vitamin deficiencies during a critical time in their development. The chances of poor nutrition increase if your child has a plant-based diet with little or no animal products.
5 Supplements That Can Enrich the Life of Your Child:
- Vitamin D3 (400 IU): Helps to maintain normal blood levels of calcium and phosphorus. Important factor in bone health.
- Iron (5mg): Moves oxygen from the lungs to the rest of the body. Helps muscles store and use oxygen.
- Zinc (5mg): Important for normal growth and development of organs and brain.
- Vitamin C (500 mg): Forms and repairs red blood cells, bone, and tissues. Maintains healthy gums and blood vessels. Minimizes bruising from falls and scrapes, while helping wounds heal.
- Vitamin B12: Transforms food into energy. Also assists with immune function.
The Frunutta Vitamin Advantage
Here’s what we love about Frunutta: Our vitamins are just that – vitamins – and nothing else. Steer clear of other vitamin gummies that have additives, coloring, dyeing, preservatives, fillers, and sugar. You don’t want your kids to consume these unnecessary ingredients - especially if there is a much healthier alternative!Browse our selection of kid-friendly vitamins here.